What is a Cookie?
What cookies does Gosport Weather use?
Gosport Weather uses both First party and Third party cookies on the website.
First Party Cookies.
A first party cookie is a cookie that is issued by the web site that you are visiting. For example, Gosport Weather places a cookie called PHPSESSID on your device in order to remember your language settings whilst you move around our website. This cookie can only be read by the Gosport Weather website server and the information that the cookie contains cannot be accessed or read by any other web site.
The table below shows information about the Google Analytic cookies and the PHPSESSID cookie which are used by Gosport Weather.
to our site. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits our site, a new __utma
cookie is written with a different unique ID.
__utmb takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters the site,
__utmc takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves the site.
_utmc On exit
Statement from Google Inc regarding the Google Analytic cookies:
Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies. This means that all cookies set by Google Analytics for Gosport Weather send data only to the server hosting gosportweather.co.uk. This effectively makes Google Analytics cookies the personal property of the Gosport Weather Webmaster, and the data cannot be altered or retrieved by any service on another domain.
Third Party Cookies.
A third party cookie is one which is issued by a site other than the one you are currently visiting. For example, Gosport Weather uses Meteox.com for radar images, Meteox.com places a cookie on your device in order to remember the preferences which were set by Gosport Weather when the page was created. Third-party cookies follow a standard format that makes them readable by any Web site, regardless of what Web site issued the cookie.
The following third party cookies are used to improve the functionality of Gosport Weather:
• Is_unique- ESTOFEX (Lightning Forecast) cookie used to identify visitors to their website visiting via Gosport Weather iframe.
• Taal- METEOX.com (radar images) cookie used to remember language settings selected by users in Gosport Weather iframe.
• PREF and NID- Google Maps cookies used to remember the zoom level and other preferences on the Gosport Weather website.
• blogger_TID- This cookie is used by Blogger owned by Google Inc to link to the Gosport Weather Blog.
• ASP.Net_SessionId- used by multiple websites shown on Gosport Weather to remember settings selected by visitors. This cookie is similar to our PHPSESSID cookie described above.
• HASCOOKIES and BNETSESSID- These cookies are used by Bravenet.com to enable our guestbook to function correctly.
• Flagcounter: LXCH- used by Flag Counter at the bottom of the webpage to send visitors country to Flag Counter operated by boardhost.com Inc.
Warning: If you choose to block these cookies then parts of our website will not function correctly.
How can I stop cookies being set by your website?
Please visit AboutCookies.org to find out how to stop cookies using the settings in your internet browser.
For more information about cookies visit the following pages:
Gosport Weather reserves the right to alter our Cookies Policy as needs require and without notice. Any changes will be posted to our web site in a timely manner.
Policy created by the Gosport Weather Webmaster on 29th May 2012